Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Not So Good Review

I really am not one to write or think anything negative.  Life is just too short for that.  Especially at my age.  I'm writing this review because I want to save others from making the same mistake I did.  I went on a brand's reputation without researching the item.  Mistake, big mistake. (anyone know what movie this line is from?)

I bought a Food Network food processor.  We don't get along well at all.  Because I put money on it, I live with the battle to use it, but you don't have to.

The suction cups on the bottom which are there to hold the item in place, don't hold the item in place.  That is, unless you want to pick it up to put it away.  Then you have to fight with it to remove it from the counter.  This is something that would not ordinarily phase me.  A small glitch, but doable. 

What is not doable is you have to literally slap the bowl part to engage with the bottom part.  Literally.  I have to whack it to engage.  Not a little, but hard.  Then try getting the cover on to twist into the lock as well.  Again, a firm whack is needed.  Not with your fingers, with the side of your hand.  It needs plenty of pressure to engage.  Do this three times when you use the appliance and I see you will be saying words that normally are spoken in a bar room.

So, no, I don't like the appliance, one bit.  But, I paid for it so I will need to suck it up and fight every time a recipe calls for use of a food processor.

Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I try to read reviews on anything that I plan to buy, mostly it helps but sometimes I think that they were written by the manufacturer. I have only had one really bad buy and I took that back to the shop and kicked up such a scene that I got a free upgraded replacement from a different maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame we have to make noise to get what is right. I would think the buyers for the stores would do a bit of hands on research before they purchase for their company.

    ReplyDelete