Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Bargain Threw Itself in My Face the Other Day

I don't consider myself a big shopper.  When it's time to grab groceries, I hesitate, finding a million other things that take priority.  Of course, they don't.  I only tell myself that. 

The same goes for any other type of shopping.  But, get me out the door and I am all for finding a bargain for something I have wanted, but wouldn't pay a high price for.  One of those items came to me as I was in a local home improvement store with my daughter.  She found it.  There in her hands was a door mat for my small porch.  The perfect size and the perfect design.  Made out of cocoa shreds and embellished with a fancy letter 'D' that represents my last name.

My heart jumped!  I had been looking for one for more years than I can remember.  And, get this, not 30.00 or 40.00, but 6.96.  6.96!!!!  Woohoo!  I hit pay dirt. 

On top of that it is the same one I saw in a Frontgate catalog just this spring.  You know, the catalog that thinks it's attractive to charge 10000 times what an item sells for on the open market.  I don't know why they feel I would be interested in parting with my money for their bottom line.  Just stop sending me the catalog.  Maybe not.  I get to see the difference in their prices and the real world outlet prices.  Come to think of it, that works for me.


The porch is small so I needed a smaller mat.  The flowers were a gift from a friend of my daughter's.  The debris is a gift from the last rain storm we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment