Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Small Items Add Pazazz to the Patio

My daughter called to ask if I wanted to go to Kohl's with her and her children Saturday morning.  Two minutes past the agreed time I pulled in the parking lot.  One minute later she pulled in, parking next to a vehicle that she thought was mine. Tee hee, I was closer to the door!  With an empty spot right next to me.

Our son is getting married in 23 days and it was time to find clothing for her boys.  She had good luck, and so did I.

 I had purchased my dress a few weeks back so I could look around.  I found an LED flash light to put in the car at 65% off, which made it 7.99.  The right price for something I have been looking for for quite a while.  I had a 20% off coupon that sweetened the deal.  I paid 6.49 for it. 

What I didn't plan on purchasing were a few things for the back yard.  I've really held off decorating the patio until this year.  No good sales means I go without.  I don't mind this routine because I like to keep my cash close to me.  This serves me so much more than haphazardly giving my money to a store.  I bought two place mats.  One rectangular striped mat and a round straw mat.  I paid $2.44 each.  Another 65% off sale.  I stacked them on top of each other with the round one on top, then placed them in the center of my small table with the bird bath on top.  I'm delighted with the results.



This vignette is intended to attract the birds.  Hopefully the fresh water will keep them hydrated in the Southern summer heat.

I also found an outdoor pillow on sale.  Nice big flowers on it in orange.  It matches my hanging flowers.


 
                   
 
 
Do you have a patio?  Or a big yard?  I'd love to hear / see what you have done to make your outdoor area a summer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment